Catalytic Church (ka-tə-‘li‘-tik chərch) vt. – 1. causing something to happen or change. 2. involving or causing an increase in the rate of change. 3. an action between two or more persons.
Catalytic churches agree with God that new congregations are essential to making disciples throughout Oregon.
- Pray – prayer is absolutely essential to making disciples and planting churches in Oregon.
- Hunger for a growing spiritual vitality.
- Understand that they are part of something larger than themselves.
- Are Kingdom aware – can see the Gospel being presented to groups who are different from them.
- Engage the communities outside its four walls through service and sacrifice.
- Focus on people and their development as followers of Christ as the core activity of the community of faith.
The congregation wanting to become a catalytic church needs to:
- Identify a 3 to 5 member prayer team who will keep the needs of the focus community before the church family.
- Contact Region 4 team.
- Pray: receive prayer requests and information related to the identified focus community.
- Create opportunities for the church family to engage the focus community.
- Look for God’s leading to create a church planting team.